Montserrat in PitchIT Caribbean Challenge Finals
Montserrat will be one of five islands in the OECS will be represented in next week’s PitchIT Caribbean Challenge 2016 – Trinidad.
Discover Montserrat’s editor Nerissa Golden was the only entry from the island and she will be competing along with 24 others in the finals for a chance to develop their mobile app.
Golden will be featured as one of the 25 most promising mobile entrepreneurs in the Caribbean, pitching to a panel of regional and international judges in front of an audience of investors, entrepreneurs, public and private sector organizations and other entrepreneurial interests. Each of the five winning teams will win: US$5000 in seed funding, a place in one of five PitchIT
Caribbean mHub accelerators set up across CARICOM and participation in an international pitching competition.
The pre-event activities begin on Tuesday, November 29 with the launch, which is followed by an intense two-day pitching bootcamp, during which our international facilitators will teach the finalists pitching and presentation skills, as well as help to fine tune and improve their competition pitch.The finals take place in Trinidad on December 2 & 3.
The other OECS islands are Dominica, St. Lucia, Antigua & Barbuda and St. Vincent & the Grenadines.
PitchIT Caribbean, under the remit of the Caribbean Mobile Innovation Project (CMIP), is a
partnership approach to support growth-oriented mobile app businesses in the Caribbean. Funded
by the Government of Canada and executed through the World Bank’s InfoDev programme,
PitchIT Caribbean is designed to strengthen the Caribbean mobile innovation ecosystem and
enable sustainable and competitive mobile enterprises.
TOP 25 FINALISTS for PITCH CARIBBEAN CHALLENGE 2016 (TRINIDAD):
1. TickeTing (Ashton Fearon)
2. Rivver (Brian Branch)
3. Fix Device (Philip Belgrave-Herbert)
4. Data-Bus (Kristian Payne)
5. Buzzshop (Curwin Breedy)
6. Click-n-Learn (Anthony WIllis)
7. Tikkiz (George Henry)
8. QuickPlate (Monique Powell)
9. Driving Change (Andre Robb)
10. Shopmobi (Colin Fuller-Bennett)
11. Atendify (Mario Thomas)
12. The Interview JM (Danielle Tait)
13. IndeTours (Nerissa Greenaway-Golden)
14. Teacher’s Pet (Philip Wells)
15. Dev758 Restaurant Locator (Jason Cassius)
St. Vincent & the Grenadines:
16. Oversea (Shyann Lewis)
17. A Creative Person (Gregorey Landveld)
Trinidad & Tobago:
18. Optimo Cloud (Troy Hector)
19. SKED (Kelly-Ann Bethel)
20. AmAthletes (Kino Sammy)
21. Communicare (Kheston Walkins)
22. Tech4Agri (Keron Bascombe)
23. D Carnival Scene (Ayana St. Louis)
24. EveDrop (Joel Pope)
25. The Billionaires League (Sheldon Powell)
Congratulations to our 25 finalists who have already begun preparations for the competition in Trinidad.