Calling All Kid Artists – Energy Month Competition
Children 12 and under have a chance to win some cool prizes in the Regional Young Energy Artist CompetitionÂ which will run duringÂ CARICOM Energy Month 2017 1-30 November.
The competition, run by the CARICOM Energy Programme is toÂ encourage children to utilise their creativity in addressing sustainable energy matters.
The competition is open to all CARICOM nationals and citizens:
o Participants must be age 12 and under
o Entries will only be judged if they meet the eligibility criteria
o Children and immediate families of staff of the CARICOM Secretariat and the Regional Young Energy Artist Competition Judges are not eligible to participate
Winners will be contacted at the end of January 2018.
The Young Energy Artist Competition begins at 9:00 am on Wednesday, November 1, 2017 and ends at 12 midnight on Thursday, November 30, 2017. Entries submitted after the entry period will not be eligible.
How to Enter
o A teacher or parent must submit the entry/entries on behalf of the student
o All entries for the Regional Competition must be submitted via email
o All submissions must be e-mailed by the teacher or parent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The e-mail submission MUST include:
- A clear, non-blurry, digital photo of the artwork
- Digital copies of the artwork may not exceed ten megabytes (10MB). Scans of artwork may be in any format â€“ color or black and white – and must be in a .jpeg, .jpg or .gif format
- A short description of the artwork. The description should include:
- Title of the artwork
- Explanation of the artwork
- The full name and age of the student, school, and grade/standard level (Please check your school policy on student work being published)
- Proof of nationality or citizenship â€“ submit a scanned copy of any one of the following: (Birth certificate / Bio-data page of passport / Identification card)
- Parent: Name, telephone number, e-mail address, mailing address
- Teacher: Name, telephone number, e-mail address and your school address
- A signed declaration form which requires the signature of the parent or teacher.
- Participants are allowed a maximum of (2) entries.
- All entries must be original and must not have been previously exhibited or published.
- The artwork can be submitted in traditional or digital media
- Art work can be on any medium
- Entries cannot contain published patterns and must not have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization
- Entries not meeting the requirement will be disqualified and removed from the competition
The CARICOM Energy Unit reserves the right to reject any additional entries or entries that it deems offensive, obscene, inappropriate, or not in compliance with the competition rules. By entering, you indicate your acceptance of the Official Rules and the decisions of the competition, which are final and binding.
Judging will be based on the following criteria:
- Visual Impact (Overall Quality)
- Composition/ Design (Organization of elements)
- Craftsmanship (Made with skill of mediums and overall neatness)
- Interpretation and Relevance to the theme
The CARICOM Secretariat will award prizes to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners of the RegionalÂ Young Energy Artist Competition. Certificates of Participation will be awarded to all other entrants:
o The parent or teacher of the 1st place winner will be awarded a prize
o Participants placing 4th â€“ 10th position in the competition will receive honorable mention
Parent or Teacher -Â iPhone
1st place – iPad
2nd -Â Samsung Tablet
3rd -Â Wacom Tablet
- The CARICOM Secretariat wishes to thank you for helping to further the goals and objectives of CEM 2017 through your artwork.
- You will retain all rights to any artwork you submit – including ownership if applicable.
- If you submit an artwork, you grant the CARICOM Secretariat royalty-free, non-exclusive rights to:
- Display the artwork on the CARICOM Secretariat Facebook Page, Twitter and Instagram
- Allow third-parties to share the artwork on the following social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Â If your artwork is formally honored by the competition as a winner you grant The CARICOM Secretariat royalty-free, nonexclusive rights, in perpetuity, to:
- Use the artwork on the Internet and Social Media in support of its mission.
- Use the artwork in the CARICOM Secretariat internal and external communication materials.
- Use, in connection with the Regional Young Energy Artist Competition your name and country of residence in promotions and other publications.
- Retain a digital copy of your artwork that will be archived in CARICOMâ€™s photo library.
Questions about competition rules and the CARICOM Energy Month can be emailed to email@example.com .