Six Montserratians to Receive National Awards
Six Montserratians who have contributed and committedÂ to the development and advancement of Montserrat will be awardedÂ during the 4th National Honours and Awards Ceremony on Friday, March 16, 2018.
The Ceremony which is organised by the National Honours and Awards Committee, underÂ the responsibility Office of the Premier, will be held at the Montserrat Cultural Centre.
Three will be awarded the Order of Merit for their meritorious contributions to Montserrat inÂ varied areas. They are:
1. Mr. William â€œFred Whiteâ€ Bodkin in the area of arts and culture.
2. Rev Dr. Beatrice Allen in the areas of religion and community service
3. Mr. Cecil â€œCepekeeâ€ Lake in the area of arts and culture and specifically for hisÂ numerous contributions to the Calypso art form.
Miss. Manelva Greenaway will be awarded the Order of Distinction for distinguished and outstandingÂ contributions. She will be honoured for herÂ contributions in the areas of education, religion and community service.
The Order of Excellence will be bestowed upon two individuals for their extraordinary andÂ unwavering commitment, devoted and distinguished contributions. The awardees in thisÂ category are:
1. Mrs. Margaret Mary Howe for her service in the socio-economic development ofÂ Montserrat, and;
2. Dr. Lowell Lewis for his service in the practice of medicine, politics, public andÂ community.
The Honourable Premier heartily congratulates all of the Awardees.
The Order of Merit is awarded to a Montserratian for meritorious contribution toÂ national development in the field of arts, science, commerce, sports, education,Â governance, philanthropy, community service or any other related area.
ï‚· The Order of Distinction is awarded to a Montserratian who:
a) In any field, has given distinguished and outstanding service: or
b) has attained remarkable achievement at the national level or made remarkableÂ contribution on a national level
ï‚· The Order of Excellence is awarded to a Montserratian:
a) who, by extraordinary and unwavering commitment, devoted and distinguishedÂ service has contributed significantly to the development of Montserrat and positivelyÂ projected its image or
b) for exceptional achievements in any field or discipline at the national, regional andÂ international level.