Six Montserratians to Receive National Awards
Six Montserratians who have contributed and committed to the development and advancement of Montserrat will be awarded during the 4th National Honours and Awards Ceremony on Friday, March 16, 2018.
The Ceremony which is organised by the National Honours and Awards Committee, under the responsibility Office of the Premier, will be held at the Montserrat Cultural Centre.
Three will be awarded the Order of Merit for their meritorious contributions to Montserrat in varied areas. They are:
1. Mr. William “Fred White” Bodkin in the area of arts and culture.
2. Rev Dr. Beatrice Allen in the areas of religion and community service
3. Mr. Cecil “Cepekee” Lake in the area of arts and culture and specifically for his numerous contributions to the Calypso art form.
Miss. Manelva Greenaway will be awarded the Order of Distinction for distinguished and outstanding contributions. She will be honoured for her contributions in the areas of education, religion and community service.
The Order of Excellence will be bestowed upon two individuals for their extraordinary and unwavering commitment, devoted and distinguished contributions. The awardees in this category are:
1. Mrs. Margaret Mary Howe for her service in the socio-economic development of Montserrat, and;
2. Dr. Lowell Lewis for his service in the practice of medicine, politics, public and community.
The Honourable Premier heartily congratulates all of the Awardees.
The Order of Merit is awarded to a Montserratian for meritorious contribution to national development in the field of arts, science, commerce, sports, education, governance, philanthropy, community service or any other related area.
The Order of Distinction is awarded to a Montserratian who:
a) In any field, has given distinguished and outstanding service: or
b) has attained remarkable achievement at the national level or made remarkable contribution on a national level
The Order of Excellence is awarded to a Montserratian:
a) who, by extraordinary and unwavering commitment, devoted and distinguished service has contributed significantly to the development of Montserrat and positively projected its image or
b) for exceptional achievements in any field or discipline at the national, regional and international level.