THE VALLEY – The young athletes from the Montserrat Track Alliance returned home on Monday, June 8, 2015 with 20 medals between them.
Eight athletes from the track club lead by coach Wiltson Scotland were in Anguilla on the weekend to participate in the Starters Track Meet. Scotland has been entering the athletes in overseas competitions in order to see how they match up against their peers.
The coach said the athletes are showing a lot of potential and he anticipating even better performances as they continue to compete.
The outcomes are as follows:
- Johnmarie Lee, Deshawn Wilkins, AJ Lee and Sydney Mendes ran the open relay with Mendes bringing home the bronze medal. He also won gold in the Under 13 Boys Long Jump.
- Jennalyn Weekes was third in the Under 17 girls Long Jump and second in the 400m.
- AJ Lee finished second in the 100m Under 18 boys.
- Tiffany Weekes placed second in Under 15 girls 200m and third in 100m Sprint.
- Johnmarie Lee won both the Under 15 100m and 200m and placed third in long jump.
- Sanjay Weekes was second in the Under 11 boys 80m, 150m and long jump.
- Lester Ryan was third in the Males 100m open.
In May the group brought home six medals from the Antigua 7th Annual Sir Reginald Samuel Track & Field Classic.