Health and dental care is free for children up to secondary school and senior citizens.
There are four community health centres on island.
- St. John’s Health Centre – Tel: (664) 491-5218
- St. Peter’s Clinic – Tel: (664) 491-5436
- Brades Health Centre in Cudjoe Head – Tel: (664) 491- 5258
- Salem Health Centre, near the old Salem Primary School – Tel: (664) 491-5256
For emergencies, visit the Casualty Department at the Glendon Hospital in St. John’s.
The District Clinics provide the following services:
Opening Hours: Monday- Friday between 8am – 4 pm.
There is a weekly doctor’s clinic at each health centre. Services include:
- General health advice and treatment
- Hypertension and diabetes clinic
- Child Welfare clinic
- Antenatal and Postnatal clinic
- Family planning
- Pap Smears
- Nutrition counseling
- Treatment of minor ailments
- HIV counselling and testing
- Referral to other specialist services or agencies
- Home visits to housebound
- School Health
- Eye clinic and other occasional special clinics
The dental clinic provides basic oral health services , including the following:-
- Scaling and polishing
- Dental sealants
- Fluoride treatment
- Root canal treatments
- We also provide oral health education
Opening Hours: Monday- Friday 8 am – 4 pm
Dental Surgeon – Dr Coretta Fergus
Tel: (664) 491-7404
Visit the Ministry of Health Page for more information —http://moh.gov.ms/?page_id=12