Public Health Services
Health and dental care are free for children up to secondary school and senior citizens.
There are four community health centres on the island.
- St. John’s Health Centre – Tel: (664) 491-5218
- St. Peter’s Clinic – Tel: (664) 491-5436
- Brades Health Centre in Cudjoe Head – Tel: (664) 491- 5258
- Salem Health Centre, near the old Salem Primary School – Tel: (664) 491-5256
For emergencies, visit the Casualty Department at the Glendon Hospital in St. John’s.
Casualty/ Accidents & Emergencies – 1-664-491-2802
The District Clinics provide the following services:
Opening Hours: Monday- Friday between 8am – 4 pm.
There is a weekly doctor’s clinic at each health centre. Services include:
- General health advice and treatment
- Hypertension and diabetes clinic
- Child Welfare clinic
- Antenatal and Postnatal clinic
- Family planning
- Pap Smears
- Nutrition counseling
- Treatment of minor ailments
- HIV counselling and testing
- Referral to other specialist services or agencies
- Home visits to housebound
- School Health
- Eye clinic and other occasional special clinics
The dental clinic provides basic oral health services, including the following:-
- Scaling and polishing
- Dental sealants
- Fluoride treatment
- Root canal treatments
- We also provide oral health education
Opening Hours: Monday- Friday 8 am – 4 pm
Dental Surgeon – Dr Coretta Fergus
Tel: (664) 491-7404
Visit the Ministry of Health Page for more information —Primary Health Care – Government of Montserrat (www.gov.ms)
Private Health Services
Here are a list of private doctors on island. Many of them are also on rotation at the Glendon Hospital.
Throughout the year, they may also host specialists clinics for services not regularly available on island, such as cardiology and eye care.
- Davy Hill Medical Centre – Davy Hill (Run by the island’s Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Sharra Greenaway-Duberry) – Davy Hill Medical Centre | Facebook | Tel -1 664-496-2881
- Dr. Ingrid Buffonge – Brades – Tel – 1-664-492-1696
- Esbecan Medical Centre – Olveston – Dr. Braimah Kassim – Tel – 1-664-491-5454