Residents will have another opportunity to get free health examinations from a visiting team of doctors between June 25 to 29, 2018.
The Montserrat Healthy Hearts Team led by Cardiologist Dr. Icilma Fergus-Rowe consists of a number of health professionals such as other cardiologists, nutritionists and a diabetologist, as well as medical students.
According to Penny Maloney, Health Promotions Officer for the Government of Montserrat, throughout the course of the week there will be a number of public events.
They are as follows:
- Tuesday June 26th (12:00pm – until) Lookout Community Center. Health screening for residents of the Lookout Warden Assisted Home, and residents in the immediate area. The session will include demonstrations of meditation techniques and food preparation demos.
- Wednesday 27th (12: 00 – 1: 00pm) St. Patrick’s Credit Union Hall. Line Dancing with the Secondary School leavers.
- Wednesday 27th (5:00 – 7:00 pm ) Public forum at the St. Patrick’s Credit Union Hall
- Thursday 28th (9:30 am – Until) Montserrat Secondary School. Screening for staff of the school and college as well as persons in the neighboring community.
- Thursday 28th (5:00 pm – 6:30 pm) Basketball Arena Little Bay. African Dance work out session.
The public is invited to access the screening and educational and exercise opportunities.