Montserrat Population Drops to 4649 in 2018
The Statistics Department (SDM) of the Ministry of Finance and Economic Management has released its intercensal Key Findings Report on the recently conducted Census Count and Labour Force Survey of the population of Montserrat.
The ‘Key Findings Report’ is a compilation of the data collected during the Census and Labour Force Survey exercise, which was conducted in 2018 between September 23 to November 30.
The report provides data on Montserrat’s population and demographic characteristics, housing and sanitation, education, international migration and economic activity, as of September 22, 2018 (Census day).
Some of the key findings of the survey are:
- A total enumerated population size of 4,649 compared to 4,922 in 2011.
- An increase in the median age of the population from 37.7 years in 2011 to 40 years in 2018.
- Concrete houses account for the largest share of the housing stock. 75.2% in 2018 compared to 71.0% in 2011.
- Of the population 15 years and over, in 2018, 1.5% had completed no formal level of education. This figure was 1.3% in 2011.
- In 2018, 63% of the population of Montserrat were Montserratian citizens and in 2011 this figure was 72%.
- Labour Force Participation Rate increased from 85.1% in 2011 to 89.4% in 2018.
The full report can be viewed and downloaded at SUMMARY 2018 CENSUS LABOUR FORCE SURVEY MAIN FINDINGS
The information in the report will assist planners in the various sectors of society to more ably plan for development in Education, Health, the Environment and other socio-economic areas.
The SDM thanks the entire resident population of Montserrat for their cooperation in the Census and Survey exercise. Members of the public can contact the SDM on telephone numbers 491-3797 or 491-3794 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions about this exercise.