SWEENEY’S – ZJB Radio Montserrat will open its phone lines on Monday morning from 9AM to encourage listeners to pledge to the emergency in Dominica.
Dominica was hit last week with heavy rains from Tropical Storm Erika, which caused major flooding and has left more than 80 percent of the island without power and more than 20 confirmed dead.
Entire villages have been devastated and the Honourable Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit has said this has set the island back decades. Caribbean nations have been rallying around the independent nation.
The Government of Montserrat wants to do its part to get help to the people of Dominica. Listeners are asked to call in to commit cash and other goods as listed on the image to the right, which the Government of Dominica has said are the priority needs.
Honourable Minister of Agriculture Claude Hogan said they would like to be able to send the supplies down as soon as Tuesday and calls for the compassionate and urgent response of the people of Montserrat.
The Minister Hogan will be on air with morning host Basil Chambers to discuss the plans of the government to support the people of Dominica.
Residents can call in to ZJB at 664-491-7224 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with their donation offers.