MS Osborne Ltd., a family owned business in Montserrat, is seeking to recruit a General Manager (GM) on a 2-year renewable contractual basis. MSOL operates in the following lines of business: building materials & hardware, wholesale foods, furniture & appliances, insurance and motor vehicles.
The General Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management, direction and control of MSOL in all matters and will also provide guidance on financial matters, policy matters and the execution of corporate strategy to both MSO and sister company Osborne Hotels Ltd. He/She will be required to motivate staff to achieve targets as well as to build strategic alliances between MSOL, stakeholders and relevant local, regional and international institutions.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors’ degree in a business-related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years general management experience.
- Experience in management, driving budgetary process and operating within budgetary limits.
- Experience building and fostering relationships with key business stakeholders.
- Experience at the management level in a family business and in the retail trade.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with Directors to prepare for and to ensure effective board meetings.
- Prepare timely and accurate reports for the Board of Directors
- Follow up on concerns presented by the Directors to ensure resolution of such matters.
- Work closely with the Board on matters relating to expansion, acquisitions, new business interest.
Work closely with the Accounts Department to:
- Ensure that monthly management accounts are presented in a timely manner.
- Ensure monthly compliance to budget, e.g. operating costs, labour costs, etc.
- Prepare financial analysis of MSOL’s operations; alert Directors of financial issues; advise Directors of a solution to financial issues/concerns.
- Ensure that credit limits are adhered to in accordance with established credit policy and limits. Business Development
- Responsible for the business development function for the company.
- Build company image by collaborating with key stakeholders, customers, government agencies, business partners.
- Foster relationships with MSOL’s stakeholders.
- Develop the strategic plan for the company under the guidance of the Board and in consultation with heads of departments.
- Mentor and lead management team.
- Establish company-wide policies and procedures; update these as necessary.
- Communicate and train staff on business plan objectives.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws.
- Ensure customer satisfaction; resolve complex customer issues.
- Prepare comprehensive marketing plan for the company.
- Prepare comprehensive human resource plan for the company.
- Any other duties compatible with the level of post which may be assigned from time to time.
A comprehensive benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate, which includes housing, company car and group medical insurance.
Applications should be submitted with a detailed curriculum vitae to email@example.com no later than October 6th, 2019