It pays to be unique and to be the only nation outside of Ireland which celebrates St. Patrick’s Day as a national holiday. The recent free publicity on the day time talk show The Steve Harvey Show is such a moment.
Tim Herlihy, Brand Ambassador for Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey was a guest on the March 11, 2015 episode where he shared three of his favourite cocktail recipes for the upcoming holiday. The second was called The Montserrat, in honour of our “unlikely relationship between Ireland and our Caribbean friends” the website article noted.
Here’s the recipe for The Montserrat cocktail:
- 2oz of Tullamore D.E.W Original
- 0.5oz of simple syrup
- 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
- 2 dashes of Orange bitters
- Fill glass with ice and stir quickly until cold. Be careful not to over dilute
- Strain into an ice filled rocks glass
- Float 0.25oz of fresh apple juice on top
- Garnish with an orange twist
If you try it tell us what you think.