Engineering and Social Work Top Government’s Priority Training List
The Government of Montserrat has approved a list of 37 priority areas for long-term training for the academic year 2018/2019.
The list was approved by Cabinet on June 8, 2018, and includes areas of study across several ministries and departments. Areas of study include, Electrical and Computer Engineering or Broadcast Engineering; Social Work; Marine Mechanical Engineer; Information Technology and General Agriculture/Crop Science and Technology, among others.
Interested applicants must have received acceptance to a recognised institution/university before they will be considered for the scholarship.
The full list is as follows:
- Diploma /Assoc/ B Sc in Electrical/Computer or Broadcast Engineering
- MSc/BSc Social Work
- BSc/A Sc Marine Mechanical Engineer
- BSc Ship Captain/ BSc Maritime, Captain
- BSc – Construction Management
- BSc – Information Technology
- ASc/BSc – General Agriculture/Crop Science and Technology
- BSc – Health Care Management, Public Health
- BSc – Biologu
- BSc – Valuation/Real Estate
- MSc Information Management & Preservation (Digital Archives Mgmt)
- BSc or Professional Qualification in Physiotherapy
- MSN/MSc – Family Nurse Practitioner Programe
- BSc – Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security of related field
- BSc/BSN Registered Nurse Programme
- BSc Psychiatric Nursing
- BSc Organisational Psychology and Behaviourial Science
- LLB Honours in Legal Practice
- Post-basic Certificate Operating Room Nurse
- Post-basic Certificate Accident & Emergency Nursing
- BSc – Electricity/Electronics
- BSc – Mathematics
- B Ed – Testing, Measurement & Evaluation
- BSc – Industrial Art
- BSc – Agricultural Marketing
- Certificate/Diploma/BSc – Food Science and Technology
- Diploma – Veterinary Lab Technician
- BSc/ASc Geographic and Land Information Systems Management/Surveying & Geographic Information Technology
- Certificate/Diploma – Quality Management
- BSc – Accounts
- BSc – Public Sector Management
- BSc Visual/Dramatic Arts
- Certificate/Degree – Waste Water Management
- Certificate/Diploma/BSc – Human Resource Management
- BSc/Asc – Fire/Arson Investigation
- MSc – Business Administration, Project Management or Leadership and Change Management
- BA Artistry/Archaeology/Museum Studies
Interested persons can view and download the full list on the Government of Montserrat’s website www.gov.ms or via direct link at http://www.gov.ms/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/GOM-2018-19-LONG-TERM-PRIORITY-LIST.pdf. The list can also be viewed at the Public Library and the General Post Office.
Copies are also available from the Human Resources Management Unit, Government Headquarters, Brades, Montserrat.
Application forms can be collected from the Human Resources Management Unit and also downloaded from the Government of Montserrat’s website at http://www.gov.ms/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/TD1-FORM-Application-for-Scholarship.pdf.
Completed application forms must be returned to The Chairman, National Training and Scholarship Advisory Committee Human Resources Management Unit Office of the Deputy Governor P.O Box 292 Brades Montserrat.
The deadline date for receipt of applications is 13th July 2018.