Montserrat is included as one of the eligible nations for the Caribbean Innovation Competition 2019 managed by the
Young Americas Business Trust (YABT).
Seed funding capital of US$5000 is available for winning teams, who must be 18 years and older to enter.
The CIC will identify, support and award innovative solutions and business proposals that young entrepreneurs develop to address the Caribbean’s most pressing challenges.
YABT is encouraging entrepreneurs to consider Sustainable Caribbean 2030 and present innovative ideas which reflect one or more of them sustainable goals. These include Smart Agriculture with the implementation of Waste Water treatment systems & Rainwater Harvesting & Eco Tourism.
Business coach and founder of i2L Pitch Nerissa Golden, says entrepreneurs should take advantage of the opportunity as a chance to not only to win a cash prize, but the access to training and a widening of their network which is necessary for business growth.
Teams must present a project plan, following the CIC template that includes:
- A business plan/project
- A market study
- Online presence: website, Facebook page or blog that could showcase the product/service via the internet
- A graphical presentation, either a video, promotional slide show or collage of at least three pictures that demonstrates the innovation of the product or service.
The CIC winning team will receive the following award package:
- Cash seed funding capital for $5,000 USD
- One trophy will be presented to the winning Team as the recipient of the CIC Award.
- A Certificate will be presented to each registered Team member of the winning teamas the recipient of the CIC Award.
- Other networking and leadership opportunities will be presented to the winning participants by rendering them eligible to showcase their business in future YABT and international events, follow-up mentoring, training, and promotional activities.
- Priority to participate at YABT’s events and be nominated to other international expos, conferences, symposium.
- Six-month follow up through YABT’s Nex Links Centers
Teams registering for the CIC Awards must be citizens residing in a CARICOM Member or Associate State (see list of countries below) and have the minimum legally authorized age to start and operate a business in that country.
CARICOM Members and Associate States
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The Bahamas
- Saint Lucia
- St. Kitts and Nevis
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Turks and Caicos Islands
• Any entrepreneur, 18 years old or older, may enter regardless of their level of education
• A Team with multinational members will be considered to be from the country where the CEO is a citizen and/or permanent resident.
• Since much of the competition and communication is through the Internet, the Team should have adequate access to the Internet during the competition to ensure full participation.
• YABT, National Chapters, Officials, Board of Directors Members and sponsors, as well as their immediate family members, are not eligible to participate.
Registration deadline is February 28, 2019. Finalists will be announced May 1, 2019 with the finals on June 23 – 25, 2019.
To learn more about the competition and to apply go to https://ticamericas.net/cic/