Six Montserratians will be honoured at the 5th National and Honours and Awards Ceremony on March 16th 2019, for their selfless contribution and commitment to the development and advancement of Montserrat.
The Ceremony, which is organised by the National Honours and Awards Planning Committee under the remit of the Office of the Premier, will be held at the Montserrat Cultural Centre at 7pm.
Two will be awarded the Order of Excellence for their extraordinary and unwavering commitment, devoted and distinguished contributions. They are:
1. Justice Esco Henry for her service in the field of Law and Public Service, and;
2. Dr. Icilima Fergus-Rowe for her service and achievements on the field of Medicine.
Three persons will be awarded the Order of Distinction for their distinguished and outstanding contributions. The awardees in this category are:
1. Reverend Rosalind Morgan for her contributions in the areas of education, religion and community involvement,
2. Miss Sonia Charles for her service in the field of medicine, most notable her commitment to Breast Cancer Awareness, and;
3. Mrs. Claudette Weekes for her services in the education and the public service.
One person will be awarded the Order of Merit for meritorious contributions to Montserrat. This awardee is Miss Geraldine Mason. She will be honoured for her contributions to culture and community development.
The Honourable Premier heartily congratulates all of the Awardees.