Discover Montserrat Editor Among Stellar Lineup of Speakers for #BizCon19 this Saturday
The event, which is being organised by the Rotary Club of Montserrat features two institutes for attendees at varying levels of business development and an expo featuring products and services from locally-based companies.
Golden, who is also an author and media strategist, will head Institute 1 which will offer a slate of sessions for attendees who are thinking of starting or in the initial stages of building a business. She will also present in Institute 2 on why every business needs a digital presence.
“This is a rare opportunity to get some of the region’s top minds with specialties in various areas of business growth. Added to that, they understand the cultural nuances of doing business in the region and can show you how to navigate that. I really hope residents take advantage of the opportunity to come out and learn,” the editor said.
- Sandra Baptist of the Antigua & Barbuda Association of Small Business Owners. Baptist has several presentations including Turning a Hobby into a Small Business.
- Debbie Jollie, a marketing strategist and business development consultant from Trinidad & Tobago. Jollie will present in both institutes on Brand Management and Storytelling in Marketing.
- Dr. Suzanne Burke of Trinidad & Tobago will present at the Round Table Discussion on Culture as an Industry. She will look at innovative ways to displaying local and regional heritage through enterprise.
- Registrar of the Intellectual Property Office (Ag) will present in Institute 1 and at the Expo on Protecting Your Intellectual Property.
- Johanan Dujon, CEO of Algas Organics in St. Lucia will talk about his work in Leveraging Sargassum and Exploring the Potential of Blue Economy at Expo.
- Martin Parlette, Head of Montserrat’s Programme Management Office, will present on Translating Vision in Common Purpose at the Expo.
- Julian Greig of Barbados will present on Monetization and E-Commerce at Institute 2. He will discuss how you can handle commercial transactions electronically.
Additionally, there will two presentations delivered virtually from representatives of the Caribbean Development Bank and the Branson Centre for Entrepreneurship in the Caribbean.
Convention Coordinator Linda Dias said there is still time to register to attend the Institutes. To do so email BizConMNI@gmail.com or call (664) 495-2411.
BizCon19 is sponsored by the Department of Community, Youth, and Sports Services, the Ministry of Agriculture, Trade, Lands, Housing, & Environment, and the Governor’s Office in Montserrat.
All proceeds raised from table registration sales and ticket sales go towards Education and Youth projects initiated by the Rotary Club of Montserrat.