Plans are in the making to set up a chapter of the public speaking club Toastmasters International on Montserrat.
- an open house where attendees will get a chance to hear and find out more about toastmasters and ask any questions they may have
- a demonstration meeting so that attendees get to experience some of what happens in an actual meeting and
- a workshop/seminar on one of the following topics: Developing your management skills or Effective evaluation.
- Personal growth
- To gain self confidence
- Career advancement
- To be leaders or better leaders
- To speak to groups, at conferences or conduct training sessions and need to be better presenters or public speakers
A few of the many skills which can be learnt from being a part of toastmasters are:
- How to communicate openly and diplomatically at the same time.
- How to deal with differences of opinion.
- How to respectfully disagree with your boss and still get ahead.
- How to give and receive negative feedback
One also gains the confidence to speak to anyone or group, anywhere, anytime, about almost anything.
- Service and