2020 St. Patrick’s Festival Opens Tonight
The 2020 edition of the St. Patrick’s Festival opens tonight. With a jam-packed calendar for the 13-day festival there are a lot of activities for locals and visitors to experience.
The official opening is tonight at 8PM at Heritage Village in Salem. Prior to the ceremony, the Tree Lighting takes place in Cudjoe Head at the Silk Cotton Tree. A flame is lit and remains there until the end of the festival on March 18.
The programme for the opening ceremony is as follows:
- Territorial Song – Combined Schools Steel Band
- Prayer – Father Carlisle Vyphuis, Anglican Church
- Welcome – Miss Montserrat and Miss Teen Montserrat
- Musical Tribute – DDS Dancers
- Cultural Dance – Green Masquerades
- Speech – St. Patrick’s Committee Chairman, David Duberry
- Cultural Medley – Alliouagana Drummers
- Musical Item – Ben Durant
- Dramatisation – Montserrat Youth Theatre
- Presentation – Head of Planning & Production of Montserrat Arts Council – Vernaire Bass
- Song – Emerald Community Singers
- Declaration of Festival Opening – Premier Easton Taylor-Farrell
- Performance – Emerald Shamioles Masquerades
The Volpanics will be performing nearby once Rhythm Night kicks off. Hang around and enjoy the music, the energy and the vibes.
Check out the festival calendars below based on your areas of interest. Follow us on social media @discovermni for daily coverage. Tag us #664GreenWeek to share your festival posts with us.